Nutrition counseling not only aids in weight loss, but it treats and prevents a wide range of chronic diseases including obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, GI complaints, eating disorders, women and men health issues, plus many more.
Our nutrition counseling includes:
- comprehensive medical and lifestyle assessments
- personalized plan of care
- time frame
- action items
- metabolic testing (to determine caloric requirements and energy level) and body composition analysis
- customized meal plans tailored to participant’s likes and dislikes
- special topics covering eating out, cooking, snacking, liquid intake, emotional eating, family dynamics, satiety, medical nutrition therapy, plus many more
- advice on vitamins and supplements
- support and motivation: in person, email, & phone
- developing coping skills to address stress, emotion, and boredom without relying on food
We provide you with all the tools you need to get the best nutrition to optimize your health. No prescription needed.
What if there was a medication you could take that could:
- alleviate most health conditions you had,
- prevent others from occurring,
- improve your mood,
- give you more energy,
- help your lose weight, and
- enable you to think and sleep better
You would take it, right?
Improving your diet and getting better nutrition can do all these things, and you don’t even have to get a prescription!
Fueling our body with nutritious foods is the most important thing we can do for ourselves and our general health. Food provides us with three classes of nutrients – carbohydrates, protein, and fat – all of which perform different roles in our body. By choosing the healthiest sources of carbohydrates, protein, and fat, you will also get all the vitamins and minerals you need.
- Healthy carbohydrates are our body’s main source of energy. In fact, carbohydrates are the preferred fuel for our brain and without them the brain cannot function at full capacity.
- Protein is the basic structural material of all cells. Eating enough lean protein is essential for maintaining muscle mass and promotes healthy skin, hair, nails, and the proper functioning of the immune system.
- We need fat in our diet to protect and insulate our bodies, to produce hormones, and to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
The registered dietitians at JFK for Life can help you adopt a healthful diet that contains the perfect amount of carbohydrates, protein, and fat from the best sources.
Just as every person is different, so are the diets that we custom build for each client.